Looking Back at 100 In-person Talks

It is an honor to be invited to give a talk, as agendas are often tightly packed. Recently, I hit 100 invited presentations, which led me to wonder: where have I been? 

The answer is illustrated in the map above - which includes 76 cites(1). From Boston, MA to Conway, AR to Godfrey, IL and Plano, TX to major cities along the western coast and places in-between. 

With each visit I get to better understand, and hopefully empower, the wonderful people and communities they create. To all that have invited me to been community with you I again share a sincere, thank you. 

While a minor surgery has me sidelined for the next month, I look forward to being back on the road and in your town soon. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the chance to learn new tools like Datawrapper as I heal.

Note: 
(1)The map also includes places where I gave a "refereed" presentation; meaning I submitted a proposal that was peer-reviewed and accepted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collecting Data that Matters for Today's Students

The Failure of, and Oppression Perpetuated by, Academic Fiefdoms